- This event has passed.
UNC & Duke AMPWIS Mentor Social
April 7, 2015 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Join AMPWIS on April 7th at 6:30pm at the Chapel Hill location of Tobacco Road for an exciting evening of mingling and networking with faculty mentors from both UNC and Duke! This is a great opportunity to interact with and ask advice of successful academic researchers from a variety of fields.
The following faculty mentors will be present:
- Kelly Giovanello, PhD is an Associate Professor of the Department of Psychology. She researches how the cognitive process mediates memory in young adults and how it changes with aging and disease.
- Aysenil Belger, PhD is a Professor of Psychology and Director of the Neuroimaging Research in Psychiatry at UNC. She studies the underlying neurobiology of attention and executive function in the human brain.
- Julie Byerley, MD, MPH is the Vice Chair of Education in the Pediatrics Department and the Vice Dean for Education for the UNC School of Medicine. Her clinical focus is on diagnostic dilemmas and coordination of care for patients with complex conditions.
- Kim Rathmell, MD, PhD is the Director of UNC’s MD/PhD Program and an Associate Professor in the Division of Oncology at UNC. Dr. Rathmell’s research focuses on renal cell carcinoma.
- Anne West, MD, PhD is the Associate Director of Duke’s MD/PhD program and an Associate Professor in Neurobiology. She studies the mechanisms and consequences of activity-related transcription in the nervous system.
- Mary Klotman, MD is the Chair of the Department of Medicine at Duke. She studies the molecular pathogenesis of HIV-1 infection, particularly HIV-associated kidney disease.
- Amanda MacLeod, MD is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Duke. She studies immune regulation during skin injury, infection, and cancer.
Light appetizers will be available. Please RSVP HERE.
Event Flier can be found HERE.
We hope to see you there!