- Leader, Media – Catherine Fahey
- Co-Leader, Treasurer – Lee Hong
- Co-Leader, Social Media – Alison Mercer-Smith
- Undergraduate Mentor Program Leaders – Hannah Hudson
- Research Program Leader – Bryna Harrington
- Research team members – Brooke Matson & Halei Benefield
- Networking – Marni Siegel & Dani Mohabir
- Global Perspective – Morgan Goheen
- Recruitment – Hannah Hudson
- Career Development – Rashmi Kumar
- Service/Outreach – Sarah Brnich
Please let us know if you are interested in becoming involved!
- Audrey Verde & Kate Hacker – Co-Leaders (2013-2016)
- Brooke Matson – Career Development & Outreach, and Leader of the Undergraduate Mentoring Program (2014-2016)
- Morgan Goheen – Education (2014-2016)
- Rushina Cholera – Research (2015-2016)
- Bryna Harrington – Recruitment (2015-2016)
- Erin Steinbach – Recruitment (2014-2015)
2014 Southeast Symposium for MD-PhD Women in Science Planning Team:
- Funding– Rushina Cholera
- Logistics– Brooke Matson
- Keynote– Marni Siegel
- Career Development Workshops– Morgan Goheen
- Organization– Audrey Verde & Kate Hacker
2015 Southeast Symposium for MD-PhD Women in Science Planning Team:
- Organization – Audrey Verde, Kate Hacker, Melodi Whitley, Amy Wisdom
Audrey Verde and Kate Hacker were prompted to start this group after hearing the staggering statistics about the gender inequalities still present in academic medicine at the 2012 UNC MD/PhD Retreat.
Audrey Verde is an alum of the UNC MD/PhD program, who graduated in May 2016. Her intern year in Internal Medicine was be at UNC, and she is currently a Stanford Radiology Resident.
Kate Hacker is also an alum of the UNC MD/PhD program, who graduated in May 2016. She completed her intern year at UNC for in Surgery, and she is currently a UNC Urology Resident.